And we’re back! “2πR” started the second half of season 2, bringing us on just a few hours after that crazy climax. Reese is in jail with the other unfortunate people who chose to wear suits, so he was sidelined most of the episode. The good thing is this gave Carter and Fusco more time in the spotlight, with Fusco filling in Reese’s shoes for Finch and Carter doing everything she could to erase the evidence, secret agent-style. By the end, Special Agent Donnelly finds out none of the suspects was implicated by the DNA samples or the (now missing) fingerprints. He smells a rat and orders Carter to interrogate each one, in what will probably be one of the most interesting scenes Carter and Reese will share. Stay tuned!
The actual POI of the week helped push the episode into golden territory. Sometimes, the weekly story seems more like filler; it can lack creativity or is more straightforward. This time, however, I was completely sucked in, making my theories and finding most of them to be way off. Who knew an episode about a genius in high school could be so engrossing? It’s episodes like this that make it obvious why this show is so good: dynamic characters with a strong blend of procedural and serialized stories.
1. At the end, when Donelly asked for Carter, I seriously thought he had finally caught on, but then he was all, “You’re the only person I can trust on this case.” At this point, I’m almost feeling sorry for the guy. Almost.
2. I’m still holding on to the chance of Reese and Elias bumping into each other in prison. There’s so much potential there.
3. Did I miss it, or did they really not say what happened to the whole drug dealer problem? That guy seemed pretty pissed, and unless they arrested him, the kid’s number will be coming up every week.
4. That was the most interesting way to explain pi that I’d ever heard. Where was Finch when I was in math class?
5. Due to uncontrollable circumstances, I missed next week’s teaser. Describe it in the comments section and I’ll give you a virtual high-five!